There are many users who are completely annoyed with the automatic restart issue in Windows 10. In such a case, you will not be able to work normally on the system. No need to panic because you have reached at perfect location. In this article, we are going to provide detailed information about the steps to fix the restart issue in Windows 10. You are suggested to read the article carefully and follow the instructions in step-by-step manner.
About Windows 10:-
Windows 10 is a powerful operating system which has been developed by Microsoft. It allows the users to perform their important tasks normally in very easiest way. In fact, it provides enhanced experience of working on the PC. You can also surf the web to search for content, images, videos, movies etc. However, it has lots of positive aspects but sometimes user fails to perform their activities due to automatic shut down of the system during important works. It is really an annoying situation which nobody wants to face while working. In fact, it doesn’t show any warning messages. In such a case, corruption of open documents and data loss is possible.
What are the main causes for Automatic Restart of the system?
There are many factors which are responsible for automatic shut down and reboot of the Windows 10 operating system. Some of the important points has been mentioned below:-
- Corruption or damage of the file system.
- Performing unwanted changes in the default settings of the system.
- Problem in connected hardware.
- Virus or malware attacks in the PC.
- Failure of operating system.
- Installing outdated, incompatible or corrupted device drivers.
- Corrupted hard disk.
If there is any problem in hard disk or drivers then you will detect regular crashing of the operating system at certain time intervals which is extremely annoying. It is also responsible for BSOD (Blue-Screen-of-Death) and you may face permanent data loss situation. In such a case, your important tasks will get pending and PC will behave strangely to your instructions. Thus, users need to fix suh issues in the early phase after detection.
How to Fix Automatic Shut Down Issue Manually?
Step 1: Disable the Auto-Restart feature.
- Open Control Panel by clicking on the Start button.
- Go to Startup and Recovery section, you need to click on Settings and choose Advanced System Settings option.
- You will detect “System Failure” option, just uncheck Automatically Restart option.
- Finally, click on OK button and close the browser.
Step 2: Perform Full Scanning by Using Updated Anti-virus
You need to know that presence of malicious threats are also responsible for automatic shut down of the Windows 10 PC. If you are regularly detecting such issues then you need to buy the latest version of powerful anti-virus tool and remove all the available threats completely. Try to scan all the drives and folders to detect the available threats.
Step 3: Repair Damaged File System:
If Windows file system gets damaged or corrupted then you will lots of annoying problems in the PC and automatic shut down is quite common. System failure can also affect the saved files which is extremely dangerous for the users. In order to check the file system, users can run SFC scanning. In this process, if any damage is found then it gets replaced with the new file. Follow the steps which are given below:-
- Tap Windows + S keys together and type CMD command.
- You need to right click on the Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, enter sfc/scannow and click on OK button to start the scanning process.
- During the process, it will replace the damaged files.
- After successful scanning, you can restart the PC.
Step 4: Uninstall Newly Installed Programs
Sometimes, installing programs from unauthorized sources are also the reason for such annoying issues. In such a case, we recommend the users to remove the recently installed software or drive from the PC. If you detect any improvement then you can use System Restore option to restore your PC. It is highly recommended to install software from authorized or trusted sources to avoid such situations.
Step 5: Perform Disk Scan
Users also needs to check whether their hard disk is working fine or not. To perform these steps, you can use inbuilt tool by following these steps:-
- Go to your Hard drive and right click on it. Now, select Properties option.
- Click on Tools tab and select Check option under the “Error Checking”.
- To begin the process, you need to click on “Scan Drive” option.
- Now, wait until the tool performs complete scanning.
- It will display the problem and also help the users to fix the issue. You can also use “Drive Monitor option to get more details about the issue.
However, all these steps may help you to fix Automatic shut down of Windows 10 but you will lose your important files or documents. If you want to restore your corrupted or damaged files then we recommend you to make use of Windows Data Recovery Software.
Brief Details about Windows Data Recovery Software:-
It is an advanced and powerful software which has been designed by the technical experts. It uses high level programming algorithms and mechanisms to recover the deleted data as well as repair the severely damaged files in just few clicks. You can use the tool to get back all types of documents, spreadsheets, presentation, PDF and many more. The best part of the software is that it supports user-friendly interface which can be easily understand and used by the non-technical users also. It comes with several powerful features which does not change the file quality and recovers in original format. The trial version of the tool is also available. You can download it to check its working performance and efficiency.