I have downloaded a MP4 videos from YouTube. After sometime, when I attempted to play the video file then an error message appeared on the screen. I tried different video players but got the same problem. I really can’t understand the reason behind such situation. Is my video corrupted or damaged? How can I repair my video file? If you have any idea about it then please help me. All the suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What is MP4?
MP4 is a digital multimedia container which is also known as MPEG-4 Part 14. It allows the users to store their audio and videos as well as helps to stream the files over the Internet. It is one of the popular video format which can be played on all the video players as well as QuickTime player because it uses MPEG-4 format like MOV video. Most of the videos on YouTube are available in MP4 format which is mostly downloaded by the users. In fact, it is compatible with different operating system including Windows, Mac, Android, Linux etc. But you need to know that sometimes these formats gets damaged or corrupted. It is the worst situation which nobody wants to face but is possible at anytime.
How MP4 Files Gets Damaged or Deleted?
You should know that such situations can happen due to various factors. Some of the common reason for damage of videos has been listed below:-
- Presence of malware and virus in the system.
- Accidentally formatting the drive even without keeping the backup.
- Unwanted interruptions during the transfer of file.
- Using improper way to change the file extensions.
- Pressing Shift + Del keys together.
- Abrupt termination of the system due to power failure.
- Using incompatible player to play the video files.
- Downloading incomplete file from the web.
What are the common error messages faced by the users after MP4 corruption?
Once the MP4 video files gets corrupted then it will generate error messages when you will try to access them. Some of the common alerts are mentioned below:-
- Files does not found in the memory.
- An unknown error occurred while playing the video file.
- Windows media Player has encountered an error. Please restart the application to proceed.
- Unable to complete the operation.
- Selected file has been damaged or corrupted.
How to repair the Damaged MP4 Files Manually?
If you are unable to play the video file due to corruption then you can restore it manually by follow the steps which are given below:-
Restore from Backup: Everyone creates backup of their important files to keep it safe. It is one of the simplest method to get back your lost or corrupted videos. You can simply restore the backup and watch the video in a hassle free manner.
System Restore: You should also know that your system also keeps date-by-date backup. If you have lost any file then you can restore the backup of the previous date to make it accessible again.
Downloading the new copy of videos: If you have downloaded the MP4 from Internet then you can again visit the same link and download the file again.
Users need to know that if any MP4 or other video file gets corrupted or deleted then its file gets shifted to a hidden location which is impossible to access manually. But if you will take some precaution then it is possible to recover it with the third party software also.
- Do not overwrite the space with another file.
- Stop using the camera or downloading any other MP4 file from the web.
After following these steps, you need to make use of MP4 Video Repair Tool which is one of the best software designed by the technical experts. It make use of its high level programming algorithms and mechanisms to restore your lost, corrupted, damaged or even permanently deleted files in just few clicks. The best part of the software is that it does not compromise with the video quality and recovers in original quality. With this software, you can restore videos of different formats also which including MOV, AVI, MTS, 3GP and many more. This advanced tool comes with user-friendly interface which is helpful for the non-technical users to handle it in a hassle free manner. It is compatible with different versions of Windows and Mac operating system. So, what are you waiting for, download the trial version of the software quickly to check its working efficiency and performance. Once you are satisfied then you can buy the full version of the software to restore your files immediately.
Key Features of Video Repair Tool:-
- Displays preview of the recovered files after the scanning process.
- Do not compromise with the video quality and recovers the original file.
- Allows the users to save the recovered files at their desired location.
- Carries ability to recover compressed MP4 video files also.
- Can recover the file from SD card, digital camera, camcorders, smartphones etc.
- Used to recover video of RAW formats also.
So, what are you waiting for, download the trial version of the software if you are unable to play your MP4 videos.